Diamond Cross Ranch is one of the most well-known wedding venues in the Jackson Hole Wyoming area, and we’re here to provide you with all of the details you need when making your venue decision for your big day! So without further ado, let’s get into the details and see if Diamond Cross Ranch is the right fit for you and your partner’s wedding.
Diamond Cross Ranch is located a little ways outside of Jackson, so if you are looking for an option with closer proximity to town then you may want to weigh some other options as well. It is located just east of Moran and is about a 44 minute drive from Downtown Jackson. Here is a link to the venue on google maps.
Diamond Cross Ranch Wedding Cost
Diamond Cross Ranch is certainly on the higher-end of the price spectrum compared to other Jackson Hole Wedding venues, but that doesn’t come as much of a surprise. With that high cost you’re getting an incredible view of the Tetons and a well established venue that is arguably one of the most sought after wedding venues in all of the western United States.
Here’s a detailed list of everything that’s included on your wedding day if you decide to book with Diamond Cross Ranch as of 2023:
- Exclusive use of the property and facilities from 10 am – 10 pm
- Horse release during your ceremony
- Landscaped lawn for your ceremony and reception with an incredible unobstructed view of the Grand Tetons
- Full use of their Red Barn (a 12,000 square-foot indoor event space with large picture windows that frame the Tetons
- Comfortable seating for up to approx. 200 guests.
- On-site bridal suite for bride and bridesmaids’ preparation before the ceremony
- 200 wooden chairs with a padded seat for ceremony or reception
- Nineteen 60-inch round tables that comfortably seat 8 adults each
- Outdoor fire pit
- Interior heating
- Outdoor covered patio
- Interior Men’s and Women’s restrooms
- Couple photos with horses during sunset
- Plenty of parking for shuttles and vehicles
Here’s what you can expect to pay for the venue for your wedding day should you book with Diamond Cross Ranch:
- $5,000-$16,000 (Pricing depends on size of event, day of the event, and season of the event)
- There is a required $1,000 damage deposit for all three of the options above
Needless to say, there’s a lot included with the venue, and it does come at a higher price point. You get what you pay for in this case though, because the legacy of the name and the epic scenery are certainly there. One of the trademarks of the Diamond Cross Ranch is the ‘releasing of the horses’ that happens as the couples have their first kiss at the end of their ceremony. A herd of horses is released in the background and they gallop across the field with a backdrop of the Tetons. It’s a pretty unique touch to ceremonies and one of the drawing factors for couples to the venue.
Pro’s and Con’s of Diamond Cross Ranch
- An epic Teton backdrop during your ceremony
- Countless venue perks that make your wedding day smooth and provide a comfortable experience for both the bride and groom as well as the guests
- High guest capacity that makes for a good option for bigger weddings
- The ‘running of the horses’ during the ceremony and bridal photos with horses
- A trusted and highly respected name/venue amongst the Jackson area
- Well-lit reception space in the red barn
- No getting-ready room for groom and very small room for the bride, (better to do this at the nearby Teton Cabins or in town)
- 45 minute drive from Jackson
The pro’s certainly outweigh the con’s, and the biggest determining factor when deciding whether or not to book Diamond Cross Ranch for your wedding will be your budget and availability of the venue. Due to its popularity, it can book up quickly (and far in advance), so be sure to reach out to the lovely folks at the ranch ASAP to see if they have your wedding date available.
Common Questions About the Venue
Is a wedding planner required?
Yes, Diamond Cross Ranch requires that couples hire a wedding planner for their wedding. The planner must provide: a time-line, floor plan, and vendor management.
Is it required to use a Diamond Cross Ranch preferred wedding planner?
No, they do not require you to use one of their preferred wedding planners, but if your planner has not worked a wedding at Diamond Cross Ranch in the past then the ranch will ensure that your planner is aware of their Policies and Procedures.
Do they offer food catering services?
Yes, Diamond Cross Ranch offers food catering packages and are well known for their tasty food. A third party catering provider is also allowed.
Can you use your own collection of vendors?
Yes, you are allowed to use your own selection of vendors.
What time do events typically run till?
Weddings at Diamond Cross Ranch typically run 6 hours. The start time is usually 4 pm, and weddings usually end at 10 pm (Teton county regulations require that all amplified music does not extend past 10 pm). It is possible to add extra time to your package, with a cost of $500 per half hour. Keep in mind that all weddings need to end at 10 pm, so the added time would be earlier on in the day.
What is the payment structure for booking your day?
A 50% non-refundable deposit is due at the time of booking, and the rest of the payment is due within 15 days of the wedding day.
Can stages and tents be used on the property?
Yes, stages and tents can be used in certain areas on the property. An extra fee is associated and details would be best discussed with the folks in charge when you are booking and planning your day.
Can candles and/or sparklers be used?
Candles are allowed as long as they are in a container, and open flames and sparklers are not permitted.
What is the max capacity of the red barn?
Max capacity of the barn is around 250-300 people.
Can you bring your own alcohol?
Yes, couples can bring their own alcohol. An alcohol release waiver will need to be signed and all alcohol must be served by a TIPS certified bartender.
Is there on-site lodging?
Diamond Cross Ranch does not provide any on-site lodging, but you can book a cabin at the Teton Cabins, which are adjacent to and owned by the Ranch owners. Here’s a great resource for finding other lodging in the area.
Are you able to do a rehearsal dinner?
Rehearsal dinner’s on-site are possible but they must be booked separately and there must be availability for the day you plan to have the rehearsal dinner. This would be best discussed in detail with the folks at Diamond Cross Ranch.
Can your dog be included in the ceremony?
Of course! They must be on a leash at all times but they can certainly be included.
|Location||45 minute drive northeast of Jackson|
|Highlights||Stunning view of the Tetons, horses, big wedding capabilities, tried and true brand|